The Biscuit Recipe (sorry for the use of ounces):
Margarine- 4 1/2 oz
Icing Sugar -1 1/2 oz
Plain Flour- 6 oz
- Cream margarine and sugar together with a wooden spoon until light and fluffy.
- Fold in flour, to form dough.
- Place on floured surface, knead together until dough becomes firm.
- Roll out and cut out biscuits shapes.
- Bake at 190 C, for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
Large Egg Whites- 2-3
A few drops of lemon juice
Icing Sugar- 500-600g
Liquid Food Colourings
- Beat together egg whites and lemon juice with wooden spoon until fully combined.
- Gradually beat in the icing sugar till a smooth, pipe-able constancy is reached.
- Separate in to different bowls and colour.
To decorate with the icing I used disposable piping bags (20 for £1- from Poundland). I filled the bags, cut the end with a pair of scissors. Piping at first may seem tricky but it really isn't with a bit of practice. The icing will natural dry matte, but if you want it to be shiny hold the dried iced biscuit over some steam and the icing will become shinny. Don't hold it for too long you don't want any soggy biscuits.
I hope you enjoy making these, and if you do, post the pictures on my Facebook or link your blog in the comments.